Two years ago, one morning, my mother woke me up and said:
- We are leaving for Spain tomorrow! Your father found a job there.
- Are we also taking Alin with us? He's only two years old.
- Yes. Grandma's too sick to take care of him. She can barely bear it with your five cousins.
- What about my dog, Gigi? It's my best friend and it is very quiet.
- Come on! Are you crazy? We'll take some clothes and that's all! We will see how to handle it there!
- I need to talk with my class master! She told me to go to the athletics contest on Saturday. She told me that I'm the best and I might win a prize
- We don't have time for nonsense. We're leaving tomorrow. You stay at home and take care of Alin until I go to my sister-in-law to ask her to feed the chickens while we're away! We'll do the luggage when I come back!
- But … mom, the class master really likes me!
- Enough! The school doesn't make money! Don't upset me … See? Now your brother has started crying! Give him some food.
Ever since I could remember, I had never left the big street, where the school was. All my friends and enemies lived there. In the spring, …